Monday, March 17, 2014

Reflection on Crowdsourcing

My overall impression of crowdsourcing is that it can be very difficult. To me, it reminds me of when you're given say a box of candy for a school fundraiser and you have to see all of the candy in the box, otherwise you just look like a loser and/or you have to pay for it. With crowdsourcing, if you don't put yourself out there, no one is going to be there to listen, and no one is going to wait for you either. I didn't really push for my friends to help with with the crowdsourcing assignment for a few reasons. I did have my roommate do one frame because she has the perfect handwriting for an idea, but other than that I either didn't trust my friends to do well or make the frame worth it, or I just felt like I would be a burden to them. To crowdsource and to really make anything happen in life, I know I will need to change up my way of thought and approach because without action there are no results.

Through this assignment I confirmed to myself that when it comes to work that has my name attached to it, I am very protective over the end product meaning I want it to be just as good as something I would producer or better. That is why I did not want my not-so-artistically-inclined friends to do any frames. Crowdsourcing is not a technique I can see myself using. I prefer a more hands on approach with my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment